We, the Team of WILDE Relocation are dedicated to providing you with the most personal relocation experience in every aspect!
Our foundations go back to 2005, when Karen Wilde founded Wilde Relocation. Since 2013 we have our headquarter in Berlin and work countrywide in Germany.
Our team is constantly growing. We have multidisciplinary professional as well as academic backgrounds. Together we are a strong team and competent communicators defined by empathy and loyalty.
We are a trustworthy community at WILDE Relocation and support your employee and his/her relatives in the most caring and sensitive way when it comes to difficult moments during the relocation assignment. Our values are personalized support combined with professionality and efficiency.
Through our own extensive experience of working abroad, we know what it feels like to arrive somewhere completely new: The paperwork and administrative procedures that seem to be endless, the desire to arrive – spatially and culturally…this is where our dedicated work for you and your employee, as well as their families begins.
Our experienced consultants who have been working with us for many years, support your employees personally before and after their arrival in Germany. The desire to provide you with the best personal service and to make the arrival of your new employees in Germany) as easy as possible – is what unites us.
Our objective is to guarantee your employee a stress-free start in Germany. With our support, they can concentrate on their new job right after the arrival and do not have to worry about their work permit, the administrative tasks or finding their new home.
Our 15 years of in-depth experience, our broad networks and personalized support are the basis of our work, which makes us your competent partner for mobility solutions.
We are official members of the European Relocation Association (EURA).
Gina Maria Holzapfel
We meet you / your employee personally inside the airport. We assist with getting access to temporary quarters (ie outside business hours).
Complimentary Welcome Folder
We hand out a comprehensive hard copy information on Berlin.
We organize a tour of Berlin’s districts to get a feel for the city. We provide exhaustive information to make settling-in unproblematic.
Organization begins prior to arrival. Liaison with all authorities involved to ensure legal employment and residence status. (Individual additional government fees to be paid by applicant on date of issue in cash).
Renewal of Work/Residence Permit
We remind you/your employer when it is time to renew your permit and give you all the necessary information to make an informed decision. Depending on the type of permit you are entitled to (or choose) we accompany you to the appointment for finger-printing if necessary or – if possible – take care of the admin process without you.
We assist you in organizing temporary quarters during the first weeks after your arrival. Whenever possible, we work with agencies which do not charge commission fee and/or deposit for renting an apartment for a limited period of time.
Citizens must be registered with the city authorities under their correct address within two weeks. We collect necessary papers from you, register you and hand a confirmation to you.
We take care of the paperwork to provide the employer with the necessary information. We do not (must not), however, act as tax advisors.
We explain Germany’s health system and make sure the employee makes an informed choice. German employers are legally required to health-insure their workforce.
We assist with the opening of a bank account and provide information on the options available.
A full home search consists of a number of steps. After choosing the modules you feel will suit you best we offer you the following complimentary service (handouts and information by a Wilde Relocation consultant):
- Hands-on information on Berlin’s districts
- Berlin’s real estate market – opportunities & challenges
- Analysis of your wishes and how they can be realized
- Your home search options
I. Appointment & Search Service (remote, only for singles)
We take an active part in the search, organize the viewings and follow up closely to improve your chances of getting the place best suited to your needs. (remote service).
II. Personal Search Service (Home Search)
Based on your parameters we actively search for your permanent home and accompany you to the viewings, incl. pick-up from your office or hotel.
III. Next Steps – Your Lease
You have been offered a rental agreement – we give you the important info you need prior to signing it.
We help you get settled by actively assisting with utilities hook-up, internet connection, TV license fees etc. – but most importantly: we are present to oversee the walk-through report is done properly during handover of the apartment.
Additional Services According To Your Individual Needs
Every move is a highly individual process which brings with it a host of challenges. Please do not hesitate to ask us for a non-binding quote for any other relocation-related assistance you need. We offer our services on an hourly basis as well as flat rates for on-going assistance.
LAST BUT NOT LEAST: Please note that our prices do not include brokerage fees. We always try to find apartments for which no commission is charged (this is the case when apartments are rented directly by the property management). In some cities, the vast majority of apartments are brokered by estate agents; this makes the additional commission unavoidable.
Child Allowance / Parental benefits
We organize the paperwork necessary for families to receive child / family benefits in Germany.
Daycare, School Search
We organize the paperwork for daycare facilities and search a suitable kindergarten or school. We provide exhaustive information on Germany’s schooling system and show you suitable places.
Do you move to a different place, city, or country? Let us help you with all move-out related issues such as giving notice to your landlord, gym, or Internet provider, de-registration from city authorities, mail redirection, apartment renovation… etc.
We assist you with
- Car import/registration
- Driver’s license / application for EU-compatible license – (Please note: non-EU driving licenses are only valid in Germany for 6 months).
- Domestic help / cleaning personnel
…and many more
Give us a call or drop us an email and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Let us know how to get back to you.
We work for you in Berlin
On 8 June 2020 we moved to a more comfortable and spacious office location in Berlin Mitte. For seven years now we have been located in Berlin Wedding for you. Due to our constant growth, our current premises could not keep up with our current pace in the end. In order to be prepared for the future and to enable further continuous growth, we therefore looked for new premises last year and found them in a very central location in Berlin Mitte.
From now on you can find us at the following address:
There is no change for you in the other contact possibilities; by telephone or by e-mail.
We are looking forward to working with you from our new premises and would be pleased to welcome you there personally.
Feel free to contact us with any questions you may have concerning the new location or our cooperation. Due to the COVID-10 situation, our team will partly continue to work from home until the restrictions have eased.
Information regarding COVID-19
WILDE Relocation is closely following the development of the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation in Germany and worldwide. Here you can read about thefind out what steps we are taking to support the health authorities in their efforts to prevent further spread of the virus, and what you yourself can do in this situation and also find important information about the services we provide connected to government offices which reduced or changed their way of working as well.
WILDE Relocation does its best to follow the official recommendations of the German health authorities to ensure the safety of our clients and team members and w.e continue our work within the bounds of possibility (partial closure of authorities). Please be assured that we will do our best to provide our clients with continued excellent support.
What are the current actions of Wilde Relocation?
- We constantly check the instructions of the German health authorities and the recommendations of the Robert Koch Institute. If and when necessary, we adapt necessary changes to our internal guidelines and action plans.
- We have advised our entire team to work from home for your and our employees’ safety. You can reach all our consultants on their mobile phone number. (You will find them in their respective e-mail signatures).
- Nevertheless we also have strengthened our cleanliness and hygiene measures in our team and office, including additional cleaning of high-volume contact points such as door handles, worktops, etc.
- We have instructed our employees to follow local health guidelines.
- We have stopped face-to-face meetings in our company and switched to telephone and video calls.
- We reduce our visits to government offices for administrative tasks such as registration, TaxID, change of tax class and try to organize as much as possible online/ via phone.
- To follow the regulations of the health authorities we do not accompany our clients to official appointments at the moment but do our best to accompany them online / via phone.
- In case of a personal meeting with a client (2 people only), our team is instructed to receive people with the advised distance, without any physical contact, waving instead of the usual handshake and to wear a mask if necessary.
- We constantly check for updates of the government offices we are working with to ensure we can provide the best available service for our clients within what is possible.
What can you do?
- If you are required to a self-isolation / quarantine, and/or if you are suffering from fever, respiratory difficulties, coughing, etc. – please follow the local health guidelines in full. If in doubt, please take extra precaution steps to keep everyone safe. For more information please see: https://www.berlin.de/sen/gesundheit/themen/gesundheitsschutz-und-umwelt/infektionsschutz/coronavirus/coronavirus-prevention-in-berlin-903922.en.php
- Frequently and thoroughly clean your hands with soap and water or with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. https://www.who.int/gpsc/clean_hands_protection/en/
- When coughing and sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with your inner elbow or tissue, then throw the tissue away and wash your hands with soap and water.
- Reduce unnecessary face-to-face meetings and switch to other communication channels such as telephone or video-calls.
- Reduce physical contact, i.e. wave instead of a handshake.
- Stay informed about the current situation through official sources like the Robert Koch Institute https://www.rki.de/EN/Home/homepage_node.html or the Berliner Charité https://www.charite.de/en/clinical_center/themes_hospital/faqs_on_sars_cov_2/
What to do in the event of suspected or confirmed CoronaVirus cases?
In the event you were in contact with a confirmed CoronaVirus patient in the last 14 days and you have been meeting one of our employees, please inform us immediately via mail or phone and follow the steps recommended by the Berlin authorities. https://www.berlin.de/sen/gesundheit/themen/gesundheitsschutz-und-umwelt/infektionsschutz/coronavirus/coronavirus-prevention-in-berlin-903922.en.php
Please note that due to thes we are currently not able to accompany our clients to civil registration appointments and apartment visits. Should you have such an appointment, we will continue to be available before and after the appointment online/via telephone and will accompany you as much as possible by telephone during the appointment if necessary.
Information about changes in our services connected to government offices / authorities
In this situation the authorities have largely restricted their public traffic in order to keep personal contacts to a minimum and many government offices are fully or partially closed and/or work with limited capacity.
Please note that due to the regulations of the health authorities we are currently not able to accompany our clients to official appointments and apartment visits but we do our best to accompany them online / via phone.
- City registration, tax ID, tax class change, KITA voucher, child benefit
We will continue to assist our clients with the official registration (only possible in urgent cases)We continue to support our clients with their registration, , tax ID, change of tax class, KITA voucher and child benefit application, but we aremay usinge other working methods (digital, telephone, postal), which may lead to a longer processing times.We hope for your understanding and patience in this matter.We continue our work within the bounds of possibility (partial closure of authorities). Please be assured that we will do our best to provide you and your staff with continued excellent support.
- The Immigration Service (LEA)
continues its work.The immigration office has switched the application processing to online and written procedures in order to protect customers and employees from infection.Persons for whom the application for a residence permit has already been submitted to the Business Immigration Service (BIS):
- the applications are further processed internally in the BIS
- the BIS sends certificates (“Bescheinigung”) to acknowledge the receipt of the application
- registration on the LEA website is not necessary
- Appointments for personal meetings are automatically allocated as soon as possible – we inform our clients as soon as an appointment has been allocated
- the collection of electronic residence cards is not possible until further notice. The immigration office will endeavor to send electronic residency permits by post. They kindly ask for understanding that owing to reduced capacity this may take a while. Please ensure that your name is on your mailbox!
You can find the FAQs on the website of the Immigration office. Please note that the information on this website is intended for people who submit their application themselves and not with a relocation agency. On site only limited operation is possible exclusively for urgent emergencies. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions about your visa, residence/work permit.
- Apartment searches
Our home search consultants continue do search for your apartment online and do their best to provide or attend virtual apartment visits for our clients to ensure the apartment searches keep going.
We value your support and cooperation during this time and will update you as needed.
Together we are always stronger. ♥
WE CARE FOR YOU AND WEAR MASKS!
Update Home Search Services
Due to ongoing restrictions because of Corona outbreak, we would like to give you a short update on current home search services.
- It is true that there are less offers on the market as many realtors are working less or do not work for the next few weeks. However, private offers and furnished apartments can still be rented.
- Especially furnished apartment providers/landlords seem to be more open for negotiation.
- Viewings are offered only for single persons (home search consultants do not accompany the clients for the protection of all participants, but are available over the phone/video call during the viewing)
- Some providers started to check the documents for the applications upfront and provide virtual tours to select only prospective tenants with high chances to rent the apartment
- Nowadays it seems even more important to have all relevant documents for the application for an apartment and often also the long-term residence permit is needed (visa might not be sufficient e.g. for private landlords)
- Handover of apartments are provided with less persons as well (consultant supports the client over the phone/video call or the landlord´s representative completes the check in inspection upfront alone and the tenant + consultant enter the apartment afterwards to confirm the single points on the handover protocol
This situation may require more flexibility from the tenant´s side, but our home search consultants are always available for questions and continue to support them even if face to face meetings cannot always be offered.
We do discuss all this upfront with your employees in order to understand if it makes sense to start the home search in these challenging days or better extend the temporary home and postpone the home search.
Please Stay Safe & Healthy
Your Wilde Relocation Team
OUR EVENTS IN 2018
In May 2018: Graffiti workshop together with HR professionals on the subject “onboarding”
In January 2018: Cultural Sponsoring: Wilde Relocation supports the Berlin Premier of the film, "The Picture of the Day"
Wilde Relocation co-sponsored the Berlin Premier of the film “The Picture of the Day” at the Cinestar-Kino in der Kulturbrauerei, mid-January 2018. The director, Jo-Anne Velin, and some of the people who appear in the film, introduced the audience to the film and took questions later. The reception afterward, open to the whole audience, included many Wilde Relocation employees and business partners.
“Forget what you think a documentary film should be,” suggested the director Jo-Anne Velin, before the screening began in the full cinema. “Just forget everything that you might have heard about Troeglitz and the people living there – just don’t think,” was the Canadian director’s invitation, in a typical mix of German and English. Troeglitz is the small community in Saxony-Anhalt, south of Berlin three hours. It is part of the greater Elsteraue Municipality, and it’s across this region that the film was shot. In April 2015, one image went around the world and put Troeglitz on the map: the burnt out roof of a building intended to house asylum-seekers, in the year over a million refugees arrived in Germany.
During 90 minutes, many different long-term residents are seen and heard in “The Picture of the Day” – Jo-Anne Velin was able to give time and space to the many people who had been overwhelmed by the tremendous media presence in their village. The director spent 100 days spread out over 17 months in the region – a long time in which the residents cautiously accepted the film project and feel closer to us. In fine, sensitive, unjudgemental pictures, their way of life gradually unfolds – how people congregated in church to pray for peace; how the football team includes some of the refugees; or how a local couple who run their third-generation bakery speak out for “love, tolerance, and a peaceful way of life together.”
The people who live there are revealed in poetic, esthetic moments. These are people who stay invisible – often by choice – in the broader media picture of the region. But in particular, two young girls are unforgettable, 9 year-olds who plan their lives together as they play in a childhood heaven of muddy farmfields, a clean brook, or in the gymnastics club. Seemingly unaffected by the political tensions, they see their future based on their own deep friendship, and can’t imagine what it would be like to live without one another. Afterward, on-stage, the girls came across as fresh and open as they are on-screen.
“The Picture of the Day” challenges prejudice without whitewashing the issues that affect Germany now. Films like this are driven by the will to understand better, where people come from and how they live together. The region portrayed in “The Picture of the Day” has been shaped by over a hundred years of different waves of migration, a history that is easily overlooked by current headlines. Through associative images and sound, the film connects that history to the flight of people forced to seek a new home now.
Wilde Relocation is delighted with the turnout and the lively reception afterward, and wishes the film much success as it begins its cross-Germany tour.